For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and from 25th May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) the data controller is DVOC ltd (company number 12989683) having its registered premises 55 Ilex close Colchester, CO2 9QD
DVOC ltd (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please read through this policy carefully so that you know how and why we collect information about you, how you can contact us to access, rectify, erase, restrict, port or object to your data being processed and what procedures we have in place to keep your personal data safe.
Why do we collect your information?
Knowing more about you helps us to focus on what is most likely to interest and appeal to you.
The information we collect allows us to provide you with the most relevant offers such as money-off vouchers and rewards, for items you buy from us and for things you might be interested in buying in the future. We can also draw your attention to special offers linked to where you live, or promotions in stores near you by sending you relevant news, product information, special offers and details of events and competitions. However, you’ll be given the option to opt-out of such communications at the point that your data is collected and subsequently through clicking the “unsubscribe” option on any of our marketing emails or by updating your marketing preferences if you have an online account with us.
What information we collect
1) Information you give us.
This is information that you share with us in a variety of ways:
a) This could be through our Website forms, placing an order, completing part of the checkout process online, searching for a product, signing up for offers and news, submitting customer reviews, creating or updating your account or by corresponding with us by phone, email, social media or otherwise. This information may include personal details such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number, personal description, photograph, your relevant passwords and preferred user names, contact details, account details, financial and credit card information, your preferences, interests and details of any complaints you may have and any other information provided by you.
b) Details of products and services purchased. This is detailed information about what products you have purchased whilst using our Website and the fulfilment of your orders, for example the time and date of purchase, the products you purchase from us, delivery addresses you use and if paying by debit or credit cards your card details and card expiry date to complete your payment.
c) Correspondence. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or call.
2) Information we collect about you.
When you visit our Website we will automatically collect information from you.
a) Website visit details. This includes but is not limited to when and how you access our Website, products you searched or viewed, HTTP protocol elements, search terms, length of visits of pages, page interaction, your customer journey, device type and ID, HTTPs cookies, traffic data, location data, referring website, weblogs and other communication data. Much of this data is collected by cookies and analytical software tracking tags used on our Website,
b) Technical information. We may collect your IP address, which is assigned to your computer when it is connected to the Internet and operating system browser. We may collect other technical information such as your login information (where you set up an account with us), your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, and the operating systems you use.
We may also collect, use and share “Aggregated Data” such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose, Aggregated data may be derived from our personal data but it is anonymised and does not (directly or indirectly) reveal your identity. We use automated learning based on anonymous customer data from on our Website to provide product recommendations, tailored search results, adverts and content on our website that will be most relevant to you and to enable us to improve our website through ongoing testing and optimisation.
We do not collect any “Special Categories of Data” about you (e.g. your race, ethnicity, religion, sex life, political opinion, health (save where we have a legal obligation to do so, for example in the event of an accident on our premises) or genetic or biometric data). Nor do we collect data regarding criminal convictions and offences. Nor do we collect children’s data.
How we use the information we collect
Personal data submitted to us will be used for the purposes stated in this Policy or as stated in our website or may be notified to you. We use your personal data to:
A. Develop our website:
1. to help you to use the Furniture Village website to browse and shop, to improve your experience of using the Website, to administer and monitor our Website and to improve our Website.
2. to personalise our Website to you and the things you may like, dislike or be interested in.
3. to ensure that we present and evaluate the content on the Website in the most effective manner for your and other users
4. to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. To personalise these communications to you and your likes and dislikes.
5. Meet our service obligations:
6. to meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered between yourself and us, including for example delivery of the product or product guarantees.
7. to notify you promptly about changes to our products and / or services
8. to process your payments for products and services to enable you to shop with us online please note we use “SumUp” payment system and all payments are subject to the individual payment providers privacy policies
9. to check that you have (or are likely to have) the means to pay us for any products you order from us over the internet.
10. to keep accurate records of purchases, sales or other transactions to ensure that the requisite payments and deliveries are made, or services provided in respect of those transactions, and to make financial or management forecasts to assist us in conducting our business activities
11. to provide you with after-sales services.
12. If you fail to provide personal data which we need to provide the product or service to you then we may not be able to perform our contract we have with you. Please ensure that the personal data you give us is accurate and up to date.
14. to allow us to send you direct marketing. We may do this by contacting you via telephone, post, SMS or email about special offers and current, or new products that you may be interested in, and to monitor the success of campaigns and promotions. You have the right to object to your data being processed for marketing purposes. This is explained in more detail in the Your Rights section.
14. to allow us to contact you in relation to competitions and prize draws, to process your entries to our competitions/prize draws and to fulfil our obligation under our competition/ prize draw terms and conditions. This may require you disclosing your data with Furniture Village agents or subcontractors who are collecting the data on our behalf.
15. for the purpose of advertising or marketing our products and services, our business itself and for public relations promotions in connection with our business, products and services including digital advertising. This may require us to disclose your personal details to DVOC ltd or subcontractors in accordance with how we use your data. However, we do not sell or pass your data on to third parties for their marketing purposes. Additionally, this may involve tailoring our digital advertising based on what you view on our Website and your interests on third party websites, so that this is more relevant to you. This advertising is delivered across third party websites including social media.
16. to analyse sales processed through the Website and specific products which have been frequently viewed on the Website for marketing and business development purposes.
17. For Customer Services:
18. to respond to any questions, suggestions or complaints you have raised with us directly, via any social media posts, or any comments you make directly to us or in the public domain.
19. to carry out administrative tasks and research and statistical analysis for customer surveys and research.
20. Improve our Products and Services made Available to You:
21. to monitor how people use our websites and mobile apps to see if they are being abused or threatened, for example, by internet trolls posting inappropriate comments in review areas or by would-be hackers looking to undermine our security.
27. to protect you and our business from any other potentially criminal behaviour, including identity theft and fraud.
28. to help us maintain administrative and statutory records about our business so we can better understand what we’ve sold, and how, when, where and at what price, and pay our taxes.
29. to help us maintain administrative and statutory records about our business so we can satisfy our legal and contractual obligations for example, accident reporting.
30. Legitimate Interest of the Company.
31. to help us conduct focused market research based on trends and common factors, so we can further improve the products and services we offer to all our customers.
Who does my information go to?
We may use any relevant information to contact you or pass it on to our trusted agents and sub-contractors to process and fulfil your order, confirm your identity, validate and authorise transactions made by your debit or credit card and to manage your prize draw and competition entries.
We may pass on your personal data to help us fulfil pre-contractual or contractual obligations, for example to send you product samples, to arrange delivery of or after-care for your product.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we may share your data are manufacturers for order processing, and couriers for delivery of the goods you have purchased.
Where we store your personal data
Any personal details we have collected about you are kept securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR. Therefore, we will never sell or disclose your information to third parties, shared companies for any other purposes than described in this policy or for legal reasons (e.g. to comply with a legal process).
How Long Do We Keep Your Information For?
We will only keep your personal information for a limited amount of time in order for us to provide the best after sales service to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose information about you to law enforcement officials in the investigation of any legal matter,
Under the GDPR you have certain rights. You have the right to
1. Where we are relying on your consent to process your personal data, you can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. If you have signed up for an online account with us, you can do this by updating your preferences with us. Alternatively, you can use the “unsubscribe” or “stop” option on our emails and texts. In certain circumstances, we can process your personal data without your consent in line with the lawful processing requirements in GDPR. These include (amongst other reasons) where processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, or to protect your vital interests.
2. Ask us to rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal data. We would seek to rectify the data as soon as possible and usually within one month unless the request is complex.
3. Ask us to erase your personal data. This is commonly referred to as the right to be forgotten. This right is only applicable where there is no compelling reason for the continued processing of your personal data. There are some circumstances where this right to erasure does not apply and in such cases we would notify you of the reason(s) why we need to retain your personal data (unless prevented to do so by law).
4. Restrict processing of your personal data where, for example, the data is inaccurate, being processed unlawfully or where the data is no longer relevant to the specific purpose for processing. In such cases, we would retain the data but we would not process it further without your consent, or if processing your data is for establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim, or for the protection of rights of other individuals, or for public interest reasons. In such circumstances, we would let you know that we intend to lift the restriction on processing your personal data.
5. Request access to your personal data via a subject access request. Your request should be made to us in writing and we may ask you for proof of your identity before providing you with the data. There is usually no fee for making such a request however, in limited circumstances, we can charge an administrative fee (which will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information).
6. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes (including profiling). We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by unsubscribing using the ‘unsubscribe’ function in a marketing email or by choosing not to accept or block certain cookies
7. Obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services (right to data portability). This right is only applicable to data that you have provided to us, where we are processing the data based on your consent or for the performance of a contract and when the processing is carried out by automated means. Where this right applies, the data will be provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Contact and complaints
If you have any complaints regarding our handling of your personal data, we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns in the first instance. However, if you wish, you may make a complaint directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, use the link below for more information.
https://ico.org.uk or 0303 123 1113
POLICIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms apply to all purchases made by you (the customer) from DVOC ltd. These terms can be changed at any time so please read before each and every purchase. If you need any advice on your legal rights please contact your local citizens advice bureau.
Availability of goods
All goods are sold subject to availability. If anything purchased by you is unavailable we will notify you as soon as possible with the expected delivery date. Discontinued items will be refunded in full to you.
We take immediate payment for goods as you make a purchase from this website. Once the payment has been received we will process your order within 24 hours. This allows for errors and changes to be managed by both yourself and DVOC ltd. Payments are made via a Secure online payment system and are monitored for fraud and laundering purposes on behalf of or by the company "SumUp". If you have any queries regarding this please use the contact us section on this site.
Accepting your order
Once you have purchased from this site we will send you an acknowledgement via email. As soon as we have processed your order we will also update you with a confirmation email. You will then be contacted from either the courier or DVOC ltd with an update regarding delivery, Delivery is usually 5 - 10 days.
Errors, cancellations and returns
Delivery is free to the customer but is paid for by DVOC ltd. Please read below some examples where you may be deducted a delivery fee from a refund.
Please ensure you check your basket carefully before submitting an order.
If you make an error after confirming your purchase please email us in the "contact us" section with the details and we will do our best to rectify it for you.
If your items have been processed or dispatched you must contact us to request to cancel however, the delivery cost may be deducted from your refund if goods have been collected by the courier.
If you change your mind after delivery of the goods but within 10 days, please contact us and we can arrange a courier to come and collect your goods with the cost of collection being deducted from the refund as long as the goods are in the same condition. A refund will be issued once the goods have been received, quality checked and confirmed to be in the same condition if the goods are not packaged correctly or unsellable in the original condition we will evaluate and update you on the amount of refund you will receive. A restocking charge of 30% will be deducted for damaged or no packaging, or 40% for Damage to the product. If the goods are not fit for sale you will not receive a refund. We will only deduct either the 30% or the 40% restocking fee plus the cost of collection from your refund. If you choose to keep your goods you can do this by paying a delivery fee to collect the goods.
Please ensure you check the condition of the good upon delivery. If something is damaged you must reject it and contact us immediately to arrange a replacement to be delivered.
Damaged parts can be replaced if you notify us within 48 hours of delivery.
Any questions please contact us.
Ownership of goods
You, the customer only fully take ownership of goods if both of the following apply
a) You have paid in full for the product via this website and the payment has cleared.
b) You have taken delivery of goods to the address you specified upon placing the order.
The prices advertised on this site at the time of your purchase is the price you pay. If a product goes on sale after your purchase we cannot amend it.
We do our best to keep our prices accurate on this site however mistakes do happen. If an error is noticed with your purchase we will contact you as soon as possible and you will have the option to either re-confirm your order at the correct price or cancel the order and have a full refund. We will attempt to contact you via email and if we are unsuccessful we will assume you are happy to cancel and issue you a refund. Refunds can take up to 5 days to process, if you have been waiting longer please contact us.
All of our products are delivered direct from the manufacturer via courier to uk mainland postal codes only. Delivery can be arranged to uk non mainland postal areas at an extra delivery cost. This can be quoted upon request.
Delivery is 5-10 days unless the manufacturer is awaiting a stock delivery to the warehouse. If this is the case we will fully update you within 24 hours of placing your order.
If your delivery of goods is to replace household furniture, please keep your furniture until you have received the delivery and checked it for damages.
We are not held responsible for any Damages to property, loss of income, Profits and third party claims.
Free standing furniture must be secured to a wall or fixture and only a competent person should build the furniture using the instructions provided. If you require instructions please contact us.